Hemorrhoids are caused by swollen veins in the anal canal or rectum. The swollen veins become inflamed and result in bleeding and discomfort. When hemorrhoids occur after childbirth, they are called postpartum hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoids after birth may be caused by various factors
If you are a new mom with hemorrhoids, there is good news. The first thing you can do is take a warm bath or shower to loosen the veins and help relieve some of the pressure. If you can’t get to the bathroom, you can also use a hot water bottle or heating pad on your perineum. Another option is to try a sitz bath, which is basically a bathtub filled with hot water that you sit in. It works well to relax the muscles surrounding the perineum. When it comes to relieving pain, hemorrhoids are a lot like having a toothache.
There are a variety of over-the-counter medications that can provide some relief, but the best way to deal with a hemorrhoid flare-up is to avoid them in the first place. As I mentioned above, pregnancy and birth can cause your hemorrhoids to become more swollen and painful.
If you are not pregnant and have had hemorrhoids for some time, and you are feeling like they have flared up again, it might be a good idea to call your doctor. Your doctor can prescribe a topical ointment, or possibly an over-the-counter medication, such as an ointment, cream, or suppository.
Various methods to get rid of hemorrhoids
- Take regular, frequent walks. This will improve circulation to the area, promote muscle tone, and strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. You can do these in your backyard, a local park, or at your favorite shopping mall.
- For additional help, consider a physiotherapist. A physiotherapist can teach you how to get back in shape.
- Try a heating pad. Heat may help soothe the pain. Again, choose a heating pad that is safe for breastfeeding.
- Consider using a stool. Use this whenever you feel you need to defecate. You can purchase a “perineal care stool” at the drugstore or online.
- Try ice cream. Ice cream is a great comfort food for both moms
The most effective way is to use hemorrhoids after birth
For example, try Venapro Hemorrhoid Relief Cream, which contains a unique blend of natural ingredients proven to help relieve hemorrhoids. The first thing you should do is apply the cream thoroughly around the perineum and hemorrhoids.
You can continue applying it once or twice daily. When you notice a sudden increase in your bleeding or when the hemorrhoids become painful, use the cream again. The cream may also be used if your symptoms worsen before your next period. To stop your hemorrhoids from recurring, continue using the cream for a few weeks.
If the hemorrhoids recur in two or three months, stop using the cream and go back to your normal hemorrhoid care regimen.
Finally, there is some hope for women who suffer from these problems. Hemorrhoid cream is an effective, inexpensive treatment that can be applied by most pregnant women. It will take time, however, to see results, and many women experience a mild burning sensation with this product. For most women, however, these minor side effects are not a reason to discontinue this cream.